TPWWS Board of Directors selected the First
Parish Plymouth Meetinghouse Restoration Project as the
recipient of a $100 donation in 2015. The Meetinghouse was
recently accepted to the National Register of Historic Places.
In March 2015, TPWWS was granted 501(c)(3) status as a
September 22, 2014 was the launch date for The Pilgrim William
White Society website.
The first organizational meeting of TPWWS took place on 8
September 2014, following the General Society's Triennial
Congress. It was attended by twenty TPWWS members. At that time,
the bylaws were formally adopted, standing rules were accepted,
and officers were elected.
During 2014, The Pilgrim William White Society made a donation
to the Pilgrim Hall
Museum. The Museum's goal is to have Henry Sargent's
painting, The Landing of the Pilgrims, restored in time for the
400th anniversary of that 1620 event. The Pilgrim William White
Society also donated $100 to the Westport Historical Society for
restoration and research of the Cadman-White-Handy
House in Westport, Massachusetts.
The Pilgrim William White Society donated $250 to the Mayflower
Society Garden Walkway Project. A commemorative brick with
the wording The Pilgrim William White Soc. Est. February 2013
will be placed in the center octagon of the walkway when it
arrives in late fall.
The Pilgrim William White Society was founded in April, 2013, by Ms. Prarie Counce and a number of other lineal descendants of Resolved and Peregrine White, sons of Pilgrim William White.
© Copyright 2016, The Pilgrim William White Society.